What Is Text To Speech Converter
This tool helps you to easily convert your written text into speech or voice. You can hear the audio recitation of the text instantly. Whether a single character or big paragraph you will be able to listen to it.
How does it work?
The text to voice tool uses a speech synthesizing technique in which the text is at first converted into its phonetic form. Our database already has the human audio for all the phonetics or you can simply say transcriptions. Matching phonetics and their sounds are adjoined. Therefore, as a result, you can hear the transcripted voice.
Imyfone Voxbox Best Chinese Accent Voice Generator
Letâs start with the best text-to-speech Chinese converters. iMyFone VoxBox is a professional software available for Windows and macOS. You can convert your text into speech in the Chinese language with iMyFone VoxBox. It is an AI-powered tool that generates a realistic and natural accent of the Chinese language.
Chinese Text to Speech
Whether you want to generate a female Chinese voice or a male voice in the Chinese language, you can do it with VoxBox. iMyFone VoxBox is a go-to solution for professionals who want to create several voiceovers with the most realistic human-like voice. Besides, you can also add pleasant effects to voiceovers like Darth Vader, robotic voices, cartoon characters, etc.
Must get a premium subscription to unlock all features.
Not available for Android or iOS.
Watch this video to learn more about the Best Chinese TTS Tool iMyFone VoxBox:
What Is Text To Speech Software
As the name suggests, Text To Speech software is a tool powered by Artificial Intelligence to convert text into natural-sounding speech. This way you can Listen to your eBooks or any other piece of writing without having to read it yourself.
The best part about this Text-to-Speech software is that some are online and available for free, that is you can access it with any device. And some even come with additional features like the sound studio to merge and enhance audio results, custom pronunciation, playback speed, etc.
So basically, you can feed any text document to this software and they will read it out loud for you!
Text to speech apps is a great way to create voiceovers for your videos and presentations. They can also be used as an educational tool, where students can input their texts and hear them spoken back in a voice that sounds like a real person.
Read Also: Speech Pathology Online Bachelor’s Degree
Best Free Text To Speech Software With Natural Voices
Are you looking for the Best Free Text To Speech Software With Natural Voices? Well, the search is over!
In this article, I will give you a list of the top 10 best free texts to speech software online that you can use on both desktop and mobile devices.
If youre like me, you probably have a bunch of audiobooks in your library. I know I do! I sometimes dont have time to read all the books I have collected. So I like to listen to them in audio versions.
Well, if that sounds familiar, then let me tell you about free online Text-to-Speech generators platform.
The Best Text To Speech Tools Money Can Buy
A summary of the best text to speech tools we reviewed:
|Text To Speech Tool|
Best for on-the-fly TTS for short pieces of text.
|The Good- Free, simple in-browser TTS with a higher character limit than competitors, and the option to sample voices before downloading files.
The Bad The character limit confining for anything longer than a short blog post.
The best all-round cloud-based TTS service for educators
- Standard TTS: Up to 5 million characters per month for 12 months
- Neural TTS: Up to 1 million characters per month for 12 months
Reasons to buy
- Ability to stream converted speech audio on the go, without downloading files
- Selection of 47 voices across 24 languages
- Speech Marks work as an extra learning tool
Consistently ranked by users as the best option for TTS, Amazon Polly offers both standard and neural services. Since its pay-as-you-go, theres no need to worry about subscription fees draining your bank account during the months when you arent in course production mode. Polly offers one stand-out feature for online teaching: Speech Marks, which allow you to match streaming audio with text so students can follow along. Aggregated reviews show that, while Polly is the top choice overall, users had a better support experience when using Google Text-to-Speech.
- Standard TTS: $4.00 per 4 million characters
- Neural TTS: $16.00 per 1 million characters
Also Check: Free Realistic Text To Speech
The Woman Behind Tiktok’s Popular Text
A radio show host in Canada confirmed last month she’s behind TikTok’s popular Jessie voice.
Kat Callaghan said she’s made peace with people using the text-to-speech voice to say bad things.
She told The Verge she can separate herself from the voice because she understands it’s not her.
The woman behind TikTok’s famous text-to-speech voice, Jessie, said she’s made peace with the platform’s creators using it to say bad things on the app.
Kat Callaghan, a radio host on Canada’s 91.5 The Beat station, told The Verge she can distance herself from TikToks that use her voice to say profane things.
“In my mind, I understand that that’s not me I never said that,” she told the publication. “So that’s fine if that’s what people want to do on their own platform, but it certainly isn’t anything that I would ever say.”
She said she can separate herself from Jessie, as her voice is known on the platform, because it’s “the part of me that lives in the app,” and “it’s not me saying all those things: it’s the content creators that are saying it.”
“For a long time I didn’t say a word,” Callaghan wrote on TikTok. “But yes it’s me and yes I have an ongoing awesome relationship with the folks at TikTok.”
“Jessie’s definitely different, and people are obviously hearing that, and they’re using it for that reason: because she is different and she’s upbeat,” she said. “If you do allow Jessie to speak for you and your videos, I say thank you. I’m happy to do it.”
How Does Tts Work
The voice in a Text to Speech solution is computer-generated, and you can speed up or slow down the reading speed. Sometimes, you may hear computer-generated voices sounding like kids speaking, and the voice quality may also vary.
TTS tools can highlight text as they read so you can actually see how far you have reached in the document. Also, some TTS tools can have Optical Character Recognition technology that allows them to read text from images aloud.
Don’t Miss: Symptoms Of Apraxia Of Speech
Best Text To Speech Solutions For Business And Personal Use
Best Text to Speech Solutions
Text-to-speech solutions offer a seamless way to read textual documents from smartphones and computers. These solutions are becoming popular these days as they provide a high level of convenience to the readers both for personal and professional uses.
That said, narration with a human voice connects readers emotionally with textual documents like PDFs, books, novels, and e-learning courses, to name a few. Text-to-speech solutions are perfect for busy professionals to multitask as well.
No wonder why theres an abundance of text-to-speech solutions in the market. Also, the demand for audiobooks is rising due to the same reasons.
In this article, Ill discuss text-to-speech and some of the best text-to-speech solutions available in the market so you can read while engaging in other physical activities.
Save Time And Money In Recording Voiceovers
Using text-to-speech voice to create voiceovers can be very cost-effective compared to hiring a professional or recording it yourself. Professionals can cost 1000s of dollars. Renting or buying recording equipment, and renting a studio all are expensive options. They also take a lot of time, projects can take weeks. With the Listen2It text to voice generator, you can create high-quality realistic voiceovers in a matter of minutes at a fraction of the cost.
Don’t Miss: Example Of An Introduction Speech
Improved Accuracy And Quality Compared To Recording At Home
Most of us are not voiceover artists. Recording from home with our voices is bound to be imperfect. We often end up with a voiceover with a lot of awkward pauses, full of âAhhsâ and âummsâ. With Listen2It, you can create professional-sounding voiceovers. We also have voices which support the right emotional style of the text to give it a lifelike quality. You can even get the perfect pronunciation with our pronunciation library feature.
How To Choose The Right Text
Still confused about finding the right text to speech software? Find out more about it in this advice section.
When searching for a TTS software for reading, you have to take the character limit into consideration. This means that if a software is under 200 characters, dont expect to be reading your favorite novel out loud. So we suggest that you decide how much characters you need for your software and then make a purchase based on that.
Notevibes has over 5,000 characters for free. So thats enough for a few paragraphs. There are options that have this level of usage but expect to pay more if you want to have over 1,000,000 characters to write.
As we said earlier, its all dependent on your needs. If youre a commercial business needing a voice to speak for your organization, then youll want a high credit limit. But for personal usage, you can get something a lot cheaper.
Voice speed is the level of how fast the TTS software relays your reading. This means that for slower readers, youll want something that can give you control over the speed. Try using MWS Reader if you need voice control and Oddcast has features that can even let you optimize the reverb, speech, and pitch of the voices!
The number of supported languages will come to mind when searching for a good TTS software. If you need something simple, go for Text 2 Speech, as it has language options in both English and Hindi.
Don’t Miss: Best Programs For Learning Languages
How To Use The Text To Voice Converter
This is an online app. So, you need an Internet connection to get access. Also, you have to install any web browser to open it. After arranging these things, open Text to Speech Reader and follow the steps below.
There are four steps that you need to follow to use this app. Let’s discuss each step one by one.
1) Enter Text
When you open the tool, there is a text area block at the top of the page. You can enter or paste your text in this field.
2) Choose Speed Level
The next step is to choose the speed of the voice. You can use the slider to increase or decrease the conversion speech speed. Drag right to speed up and drag left for speed down.
3) Select Language or Gender
There is one dro-down option where you can choose the speech-language. Also, you can change the male or female voice.
4) Play, Pause, Stop
Lastly, you can click on “Play” button to start and listen the conversion. Also, you can “Pause” or “Stop” the conversion process.
Why Use Text To Speech
Theres a variety of circumstances where TTS can help keep students engaged and learning. For instance:
- Recorded presentations let you create the experience of attending a lecture
- Audio versions of course texts make it easier to access course material for students who are visually impaired or struggle with reading comprehension
- Audiobook versions of self-published eBooks open up a new revenue streampeople who would never read a 300-page book about your subject might be willing to buy something they could listen to on the drive to work
- Video adds flavor to your course, giving your students a break from course materials and quizzes
- Repurposing blog content by turning articles into a narration that you can use in voiceovers, and videos
- Accessibility for the visually impaired text to speech is a great way to accommodate those who can hear better than they can see
In all these instances, TTS saves you the time it would take to record an audio track in person. In fact, once youve got a TTS tool set up the way you want it, your only major time investment is writing the material.
Read Also: How Do You Do Sign Language
Experience Female Tts Voices
If you want to experience some amazing TTS voices, then you need to put Speechify to work for you. This is a free text-to-speech program that comes with premium features at affordable pricing levels. There are plenty of lifelike, human voices available through this program.
This is a program that you can access through your mobile app and on a desktop or laptop computer. You have plenty of natural-sounding text-to-speech options that will talk to you in real-time. One of the most important speech tools you have is the option to switch the voice.
You are in total control of the speech output that comes from this program. All you need to do is paste your text into the box. Then, thanks to the strong SaaS capabilities of the program, you can change the speech in real-time.
All you need to do is click on the person icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Then, you can switch the voice to meet different use cases.
If you decide to increase your subscription level, you may get access to more voices. Once you find a voice that you like, you can save it in either a WAV or MP3 file format.
Some of the most popular voices from Speechify that people love include:
Editing And Making Changes Is Just Like Editing Text
Not only does it save time and cost, but you can edit and make changes also much faster. Creating voiceovers with Listen2It is a simple 3 step process. Just finalize the script that you want to convert to voice, and choose the voice you prefer in your language. You can fine-tune the voice with custom modulations like pitch, pause etc. And just press generate to get a high-quality text to speech voiceover in minutes
Also Check: Speech To Text For Macbook
Standard Tts Vs Neural Tts
Before diving into the world of text to speech, its important to know the difference between standard and neural TTS tools.
- Standard TTS is the older approach. When you think of artificial, stiff sounding TTS, youre thinking of this. But standard TTS has the benefit of being cheaper than neural TTS. Plus, a lot of the software available today lets you make adjustments to standard output, so you can change the length of pauses, the speed of speech, and how words are pronounced.
- Neural TTS draws on neural network technology, or AI, to generate more natural-sounding speech. In essence, a computer program is fed thousands of hours of human speech, accompanied by text, and learns how to imitate a human reading something aloud. Dont let that creep you out, though. Even if its more expensive than standard TTS, neural TTS can create some truly lifelikeand listenableaudio.
To date, the only way to get free neural TTS services is to sign up for a trial for a paid service.
Benefits Of Text To Speech Solutions
Text to Speech solutions offers benefits to both content owners and consumers. So, here are some of the many benefits of a TTS solution:
For Businesses and Content Owners
Content owners like businesses, publishers, organizations, media houses, mobile app developers, e-learning solution providers, and others in similar domains can benefit from TTS solutions in the following ways:
- Global reach: Human-like, clear, and customizable TTS voices can help you reach people from across the world. You can even embed different languages for translation so people can understand the text in their native language.
- Improve user experience: Enabling speech in pre-sales and after-sales can minimize the workload of human agents, offer personalized services, cut down operational costs, and accelerate throughput.
- Saves money and time: Businesses can save time and money as TTS solutions can be enabled easily with minimal maintenance.
- More productivity: Using TTS, e-learning professionals and the HR department can prepare learning modules for employee training. This will help the employees to learn the material anywhere and anytime with multitasking.
End users like online learners, researchers, teachers, device users, app users, website visitors, machine users, etc. can benefit from text-to-speech solutions in the following ways:
So, are you ready to embrace all these benefits that text-to-speech can provide you with?
If yes, lets find out some of the Text to Speech solutions.
Don’t Miss: First Language Of The Bible
Why Use Text To Voice Reader
The quality of our tool is judged by many criteria but some of the very important points are as follows:
- Audio Clarity: The output audio is very transparent and high quality. Therefore, anyone can easily recognize each character or word. No one will find it difficult to understand the speech.
- Natural Voice: It’s very surprising that our tool gives natural human voice as an output. Even more, you will get different options to choose the voice’s gender or accent.
- Speed of Conversion: The conversion process is very fast and it takes less than a second to convert text to speech. However, it depends upon your Internet Speed. But our app is very lightweight. So, with a slower connection, you will also get instant results.
- Easy to Use: We have put simple 4 buttons. Play, Stop, Copy, and Clear. Also, the user interface is very simple. So, anyone can easily go through the app. Also, you can increase or decrease the speed of voice using the range slider option.
- No Login, No Signup: You don’t have to create an account on our website in order to use the tool. Simply type or paste the text and hear it. Also, we don’t take any hidden charges or subscription rates. It’s 100% free to use.
- Browser Compatibility: Our tool works on almost all web browsers.
- Mobile Responsive: We have made this text to voice reader mobile friendly. So, you can use it on all handy devices. Such as smartphone and iPad or tablet.
Uses of Text to Speech Reader