An Easy Topic Is One That
- You already know well. If you know your subject thoroughly – and you don’t need to spend hours researching the topic – then you’ll instantly and significantly reduce your workload! Bringing your personal experiences to your speech makes it easier to write, and makes your presentation more engaging for your listeners. Try making a list of subjects you’re interested in, and a topic idea may even jump out at you!
- You feel strongly about. There’s nothing harder than trying to persuade someone they should feel a certain way about something if you’re ‘wishy-washy’ on how you feel about it yourself! Real passion comes across in your words, which are more forceful and credible as a result.
Technically, then, an easy persuasive speech topic for one individual may not be so easy for another.
The list I have put together for you here, however, is of topics with broad appeal, subjects about which most of us have a strong opinion and PLENTY to say!
In each case, I have stated merely the topic itself – it is up to you to decide whether you will try to persuade your audience to be FOR or AGAINST the claimed idea.
Food And Drink Persuasive Speech Topics
See this page for a full list of Fun Persuasive Speech Topics.
What Are Several Good Topics For A Persuasive Speech
Before we move to the most interesting persuasive speech topics, lets define the core components it needs to contain. Imagine a sales pitch and tons of competitors you need to stand out from. You start introducing your products or services in the most attractive manner highlighting their main advantages. Your mission is to convince potential buyers that they need your goods. The same thing is with good topics for persuasive speech. Now, lets get back to business.
Read Also: High Blood Pressure Slurred Speech
School Persuasive Speech Topics
School is a whole new world, where students discover more about themselves and life around them. These are topics that students will most likely have to deal with at some point during their elementary, middle, and high school careers.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics for School Students.
Controversial Political Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
- The importance of every vote
- Every vote counts
- Why do you think Bernie Sanders lost the primaries?
- Politicians are not above the law
- Politicians should also be fined when they use abusive rhetoric
- No one is above the law
- It is dangerous to allow political parties to accept donations from large corporations
- Never trust a politician. Most only always look for ways to line their pockets with public funds
You May Like: Mac Text To Speech Voices
Easy And Simple Persuasive Speech Topics
Below follow topics that should be easy enough to persuade your audience without going into too much research. There are some which can be used as tongue in cheek topics such as The paparazzi are the real stalkers and People need to visit the dentist more often.
See this page for a full list of Easy and Simple Persuasive Speech Topics.
Types Of Speech Topics
While exploring persuasive English speech topics, you must make sure that they are stimulating, engaging, concise and clear. There are three main types of Persuasive Speech topics which are:
1. Factual Persuasive Speech: These topics include facts, figures and statistics to thoroughly analyse the given topic and assess whether its true or false.
2. Policy Persuasive Speech: Discussing policies, laws and reforms, these speech topics critically examine the advantages and disadvantages of the given policy or law and suggest the improvements that can be made.
3. Value Persuasive Speech: Mainly focusing on social or political issues, these speech topics present the critique and argument of whether certain actions are morally right or not.
Also Check: Rosetta Stone Lifetime Unlimited Languages $199
It’s Something You Know About Or Are Interested In Learning About
The most important factor in choosing and creating a great persuasive speech is picking a topic you care about and are interested in. You’ll need to do a lot of research on this topic, and if it’s something you like learning about, that’ll make the process much easier and more enjoyable. It’ll also help you sound passionate and informed when you talk, both important factors in giving an excellent persuasive speech.
Persuasive Essay And Speech Topics
Whether youre in high school or in college, there will be some point in time where you will be asked to write a persuasive speech. Knowing how to write a persuasive speech may come in handy during the course of your career, depending on which career you choose.
Writing a persuasive speech isnt always easy. Youll need to find a topic that will interest you as well as your audience, and sometimes that can be difficult to do.
There are so many options for you to choose when youre trying to decide what to write about. So how do you choose the right topic?
Pick a topic that you have a genuine interest in youll be doing a lot of research on that topic. If its a topic that you have an interest in, youll have more fun writing about that topic and writing may seem a bit easier. Your audience will also see that you are interested in the topic and youll have more enthusiasm when writing the speech and presenting it. Youll also want to make sure to pick a topic that the audience will have an interest in, otherwise, you may lose their attention.
Choose a topic that youre familiar with. This will make it easier for you to research and write about.
Also, make sure that you choose a topic that is relatable to your audience. People like to hear about solutions to issues within their community and country. Its easier for your audience to connect with you when youre speaking about an issue that they care about.
Ready to pick a topic?
Recommended Reading: What Do Speech Language Pathologists Do
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics For Beginners
Students in grades two and up who are just starting to learn about the different types of essays and writing can select easy topics about things they are very familiar with. These persuasive writing prompts work great for short speeches.
- Kids should start every morning with yoga.
- Cereal is not a healthy breakfast.
- Showering every day isn’t important.
- Kids’ clothing should always be designed by kids.
- Being a YouTube star is a real job.
- Boredom is good for kids.
- Borrowing books from the library is better than buying them from a store.
- Hamsters are the best first pet for kids.
- Every person is completely unique.
- My town is the best place for families with young children to live.
- Being an only child is better than having siblings.
- Kids should have TVs in their bedrooms.
- Jeans are the most uncomfortable article of clothing.
Travel Persuasive Speech Topics
Don’t Miss: Sign For Please In Sign Language
Engaging Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should college be free at the undergraduate level?
- Is the traditional college experience obsolete?
- Should you choose a major based on your interests or your potential salary?
- Should high school students have to meet a required number of service hours before graduating?
- Should teachers earn more or less based on how their students perform on standardized tests?
- Are private high schools more effective than public high schools?
- Should there be a minimum number of attendance days required to graduate?
- Are GPAs harmful or helpful?
- Should schools be required to teach about standardized testing?
- Should Greek Life be banned in the United States?
- Should schools offer science classes explicitly about mental health?
- Should students be able to bring their cell phones to school?
Scientific Persuasive Speech Topics
- Spending money to explore space is going to improve life for humans
- Using genetically modified foods is bad for our health
- Using painkillers is not healthy
- The scientific world is changing way too fast
- Human beings should depend more on renewable energy
- The power of crystal healing can improve our mental and physical health
- Cancer is the most important disease that doctors should research now
- How your diet can cause the onset of different health conditions
- Using supplements should be controlled
- Coming up with guidelines that control stem cell research
- How can science be used to improve the lives of physically challenged individuals?
Read Also: Language Development 18 24 Months
Controversial Persuasive Speech Topics For Social Studies College Students
- Can you trust a shrink?
- Your happiness depends significantly on your financial state of affairs as well
- Not every shrink you visit has the answers to your questions
- To what extent can your environment influence who you are?
- What persuasive speech topics pass for a psychology study?
- What purpose does love play in our lives?
S For Choosing The Right Persuasive Speech Topic For You
Now that you know what makes a speech topic persuasive, let’s go over a step-by-step formula that will help you choose the right topic for you.
Don’t Miss: Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman
Animal Persuasive Speech Topics
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics About Animals.
Choosing A Perfect Persuasive Speech Topic
You should first consider a topic that will engage your audience if you plan a persuasive speech. You might consider several topics before you settle on one that is more entertaining and descriptive.
When choosing a persuasive speech topic, another important point is to pick one that will provoke your audience. Youll attract attention if you can stir up emotion in your audience. This list is intended to help you brainstorm. You can choose a topic from the list, or you can use the list to create your own idea.
Recommended Reading: Most In Demand Programming Languages 2022
Best Persuasive Speech Topics
Before we reveal the 191 best persuasive speech topics, lets preview each of the categories:
Take a deep breath and read on!
Need A Professional To Write Your Persuasive Essay For You
Of course, not everyone knows how to craft effective persuasive speech topics and write interesting speeches on them. Thats where an online essay help service like UKessay.com comes into play. UKessays ranks as the best essay writing service across the world. This is the essay writing service to use if youre stuck with your persuasive speech topics.
At times, finding the time to craft controversial speech topics for your audience can be hectic. You will need a good custom paper writing service to help you craft the best speech topics in your class. And Kessays.com is a leader in ensuring just that.
Don’t Miss: Father’s Speech At Son’s Wedding
Persuasive Essay Topics About Food
Its easy to form an opinion on food but not as easy to convince others to agree with it. Try these persuasive prompts that range from junk food to healthy eating.
- Whats better: pizza or hot dogs?
- Should kids learn how to cook their own food?
- Is it more fun to eat in a restaurant or at home?
- What is the best dessert?
- Should healthy food cost less than junk food?
- Is eating meat a good idea?
- Is it better to snack all day or have three set meals?
- Should sugary drinks be allowed at school?
- Should kids have to eat foods they dont like?
- What is the best food to serve at a party?
Workplace Persuasive Speech Topics
Recommended Reading: Speech Pathology Post Baccalaureate Programs
Extra Tips To Create Your Persuasive Speech
1.Know your positionWhen you begin writing your speech, you need to state your position on the subject from the start, whether you agree with the subject or you dont agree. Use a strong and clearly worded statement in your opening paragraph stating why you agree or why you dont agree with the subject
2. Know your audience.Its important to know who you will be presenting your speech to so youll know who you need to persuade. When youre writing your speech, think about what your audience may already know about the topic and what areas of that topic they may care about the most.
3. Research your topic.A strong argument requires solid evidence. Without evidence, your speech may not be very persuasive. Being able to give hard facts will make your speech more convincing and strong. Also, be sure to give facts from more than one source.